Salary £11.27 per hour, rising to £13.21 following full training
Required immediately, with hours to be worked as required by the service on a flexible basis:
Our client requires a number of technical officers to provide public health advice, contact tracing and management of complex COVID-19 cases.
You will investigate COVID-19 cases and contacts, conducting interviews and public health assessments of cases identified for contact tracing in line with the relevant local, regional or national contact tracing and management protocols.
You will also undertake duties as follows:
• Provide advice and guidance to cases and their contacts as directed by protocols and procedures.
• Prepare reports and correspondence resulting from the above mentioned interventions.
• Keep up to date with changes in legislation, technical developments and practises relevant to COVID-19 as they affect Environmental and Public Health.
• Undertake sampling relating to COVID-19 cases and contacts.
• Undertake those investigations, complaints, enquiries or requests for advice anywhere within the Environmental or Public Health Service which would be better suited by their experience and knowledge.
• You will be expected to take such decisions as are required of a Technical Officer and take appropriate action on your own initiative.
• You will be required to work across the Outbreak Control Hub when needed.
You will have:
• Experience of dealing with the public in an enforcement and / or educational role or gained through work in public health or health and social care services as a practitioner.
• Environmental sciences or health degree or equivalent.
• Ability to drive or be able to travel freely around the county and beyond.
• Ability to work out of office hours where applicable.
• Ability to work outdoors as necessary.
The role will require home working and hours are flexible to cover 37 hours across 7 days per week, working on a temporary basis as an agency worker with Hoople Recruitment until March 2022