Title: Senior Practitioner 16+
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £33,782 - £37,890 plus Market forces supplement of £5,000
Closing Date: 01/10/2021
Passionate about giving children and young people a great start in life?
Our priority in Herefordshire is to keep children safe and give them a great start in life. It’s the priority for the council, our partners and for all of us who work in Children & Families.
How do we do this? By having dynamic, dedicated, passionate and professional staff who work in a culture that focuses on what we can achieve with children, what they can achieve themselves, and the relationship we build with families and partners to enable this. We have invested heavily in training and developing staff in our single practice approach which is Signs of Safety and it's is an exciting time to join Herefordshire – we believe in investing in you so you can be the best you can be!
Herefordshire has a really strong team ethos. Our teams are passionate about the work they do and the positive difference they and the teams they are in make to people’s lives. This is all underpinned by the focus and support from their managers and the council as a whole.
Come to Herefordshire and join the journey.
Herefordshire Council are looking for a skilled and experienced social worker to join us as a senior practitioner. We have previously reviewed our senior roles in teams which has led to this role being refocused to ensure it is a role that is supportive of both the team and the post holder.
The senior practitioner role is based within our Children and Young People in care Team, which is a small, stable and supportive team that supports children and young people who are Looked after from the age of birth to 16 years. We are looking for an experienced social worker who is up for the challenge to take on this senior role in providing support to other social workers in the team through mentoring, joint working, reflective case discussions and promoting a strong learning culture. This will be undertaken alongside holding a smaller complex caseload which will include Court work.
Herefordshire Council is based in one of the most rural counties in England with beautiful un-spoilt countryside, distinctive heritage and many attractive and lively market towns providing the ideal place to work and live.
Competitive relocation payment of up to £5,000.
To find out more about working in children’s services, please visit www.herefordshire.gov.uk/workwithchildren
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com